Perched on two peaceful acres of gated, tropical gardens of lawn, flowers, palms, fruit trees and plantings is Skylark Villa.
There are views of the Caribbean directly overlooking Half Moon Bay. The other villas in the neighborhood are also on large private and secure properties of 2 to 5 acres surrounded by rolling lawns. There is a full time live in staff of three. One enters the house through a gated courtyard full of tropical plantings. The Living Room-Bar and separate Dining Room feature high cathedral ceilings and French doors opening onto a covered Verandah and a Patio-Terrace where the Private Pool is located. The atmosphere is relaxed, casual and very airy with the waters of the Caribbean before you.
There are Three Bedrooms with twin beds that can be made up as Kings and three tiled baths with showers and tubs. All rooms have ceiling fans and air-conditioning. Rollaway cots, porta-cribs and regular cribs are available. The house is suitable for honeymoon couples or family groups of up to eight if there are small children. The house is fully furnished with linens and beach towels that the staff maid will wash for you. The tap water at Skylark is safe to drink, as is the case all over Jamaica.
NEW Internet & Telephone at Skylark Free Internet & Vonage Telephone Service is now included for free in Villa Skylark.
The staff consists of a cook, maid, and combination houseman/butler/bartender. At least two staff members will be full time at the villa and they will live in the staff quarters located next to the kitchen wing. The staff is very reliable and has been with us for many years. They will be able to answer almost any questions you may have. The staff will do all the cooking and will serve all the meals (at your direction). The Maid will wash guests’ clothes as well as linens. Guests will not have to lift a finger. Guests should tip the staff as they see fit
If desired, the house will be stocked with an initial supply of staples and food that should last for two days (billed to the guest). There are many ways that food, wine, liquor and beer can be purchased: The nearby A&H Market will deliver food to the house; The Parkways Market is nearby and is convenient; The Blue Diamond Supermarket is about 8 minutes away; The best value for fresh fruits and vegetables is at the colorful, local market in Montego Bay;
Just Finished – An annex building with a fourth bedroom and bath. Skylark Villa is now a 4 bedroom / four bath villa. The bathroom has an indoor/outdoor shower and since the suite is in an annex, privacy is guaranteed.
- New 46″ TV and custom made entertainment cabinet in living room + new 32″ in Master #1
- Salt chlorine generator system for the pool – no more harsh chemicals in our pool! The system cleans pool using ordinary salt and no chlorine is added. The benefits are numerous including no burning eyes and other obvious health benefits that go along with using a low salt system.
- WIRELESS INTERNET: This ADSL high-speed Internet access is provided free of charge (unlike the hotels) to guests and can be used throughout the house.
- VONAGE PHONE (VOIP): This free overseas Internet phone service is provided which enables guests to call the: U.S., Puerto Rico, Canada, England, Ireland, France, Italy, and Spain – FREE OF CHARGE.
- CELL PHONE: A cell phone is provided free of charge at Skylark for making local calls in Jamaica. Reception is very good as the Cable & Wireless tower is only 1/4 mile away. You can buy prepaid calling cards at all local merchants for prices of around $5 & $10 US. With the calling cards, you can make calls throughout Jamaica. Calls to the U.S. run about thirty cents per minute in U.S. dollars. The calls are easy to place and the reception is usually excellent.
Bedrooms: There are four, fully decorated bedrooms (4th bedroom not depicted on floor plan below): Three with a private bath with tub and shower and one with an outdoor “Tarzan” shower. Three bedrooms have twin beds that are made into king size beds if desired. The new fourth bedroom has two queen beds. There is a dressing table, bureau and ample closet space in every bedroom. Two rollaway cots are available for children or small adults. Sleeping capacity is therefore eight adults – more if there are children.
Dec 15 – Apr 15
Apr 15 – Dec 15
|Christmas/New Year Weeks||Thanksgiving|